SERVING SIZE: 1 CUP
1 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup sugar (or equivalent sweetener of your choice)
For the Broccoli Salad
4 cups Broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces, stalk and all (except tough parts)
5 strips cooked bacon
½ cup onion, finely diced (I use white onion)
1 cup dried Cranberries
1 cup cheddar cheese (cut into ¼ inch cubes)
⅛ cup sunflower seeds
⅛ cup pumpkin seeds
01. For the Dressing:
02. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and adjust them to your personal taste. Set aside.
03. For the Broccoli Salad:
04. Set a skillet to medium heat. Lay the bacon strips in and cook covered until browned. Turn
the bacon over and cook covered a few more minutes until browned but NOT burned.
05. Remove bacon to a cutting board and chop when cool to touch into 1/4 inch pieces. Set aside.
06. Meanwhile, chop and measure broccoli, onion and cheese and pour into a large bowl.
07. Add the chopped bacon and remaining ingredients.
08. Pour the dressing over the assembled salad ingredients and stir gently until all parts of the salad are evenly coated.
09. Serve at room temperature or chilled. This salad can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. It holds up to a week in the fridge covered as leftovers.
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Unsaturated Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 28 mg
Sodium 476 mg
Carbohydrates 28 g
Fiber 4 g
Sugar 19 g
Protein 8 g