⅓ Cup erythritol, for caramel
⅛ Cup water
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
1 Tbsp vanilla
¼ cup erythritol, for custard
01. In a deep pan, heat up the erythritol for the caramel. Stir it frequently.
02. Add the water and butter.
03. Stir occasionally until the sauce has become a golden brown.
04. Pour into the bottom of each ramekin, covering the bottom nicely. Set aside and let them cool.
05. In a bowl, mix together the heavy whipping cream, remaining erythritol, and vanilla.
06. In a separate bowl, whisk together your whole eggs. Then add in the yolks, whisking once more.
07. Slowly stir your eggs into the cream mix.
08. Pour the custard into each ramekin, on top of the caramel.
09. Place the ramekins into a casserole dish and fill over halfway with hot water. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. Take the casserole dish out of the oven but leave the ramekins in the hot water for another 10 minutes.
10. Using tongs, take out the ramekins and let them sit for at least 4 hours, or overnight, in the fridge.
11. When ready to eat, take a knife and slowly run it on the inside of the custard to release it from the ramekin.
12. Turn the ramekin upside down and slowly jiggle the custard onto the plate.
Net Carbs 2.4 g
Protein 4.5 g