2 medium zucchini
8 slices of bacon.
Chopped ½ cup onion.
Chopped 1 clove garlic.
Minced 4 eggs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
Chopped 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
01. Cut the zucchini into “pasta.” If you are using zucchini “pasta” my suggestion is to only serve the sauce on the noodles you will eat that night. The leftover noodles and sauce get a little soggy, so reserve both separate.
02. In a large skillet, cook chopped bacon until slightly crisp; remove and drain onto paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat and heat in a reused large skillet.
Add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic and peas (if using), and cook for an additional 1 minute.
03. Return cooked bacon to skillet; add cooked and drained spaghetti. Toss to coat and heat through.
04. Add beaten eggs and cook, tossing constantly with tongs or large fork until eggs are barely set. Quickly add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and toss again.
05. Add salt and pepper to taste (remember that bacon and Parmesan are very salty).
06. Serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled on top and extra Parmesan cheese at the table.
Amount per Serving
Fat 15.5 g
Protein 28 g
Carbs 66.2 g
Fiber (65.8 effective carbs) 0.8 g