INGREDIENTS (makes 2 servings)
1 package chicken thighs, skinned, boneless (400g / 14.1 oz / 0.88 lbs)
½ medium red onion (50g / 1.8 oz)
½ lime, juiced
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp fresh thyme (or ½ tsp dried thyme)
1 Tbsp fresh oregano (or ½ tsp dried oregano)
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp ghee or butter fresh full-fat cream or coconut milk (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
salt and pepper to taste
2 heads small lettuce (200g / 7.1 oz)
01. Peel, halve and finely chop the onion, mash the garlic and chop the herbs (if you are using fresh herbs).
02. Dice the chicken thighs, mix with garlic, herbs, paprika, cayenne and black pepper and season with salt. Squeeze in the lime juice. Note: I prefer using chicken thighs to breast filets. They are a lot juicier and tender!
03. Heat a large skillet, add ghee or butter and cook the onion over medium heat until it becomes soft and golden.
04. add the herbed chicken pieces and cook for about 10 minutes or until done.
05. Keep on medium heat, add the cream and let it cook for another 2–3 minutes while stirring frequently. When done, set aside.
06. Wash the lettuce (I used Little Gem lettuce) and place in a salad spinner or drain using a paper towel. Spoon the meat mixture on top of each leaf and enjoy! 🙂
Net carbs 6.4 g
Protein 41.4 g
Fat 35.4 g
Calories 525 kcal
Total carbs 9 g
Fiber 2.6 g
Sugars 3.2 g
Saturated fat 18.5 g
Sodium 808 mg (35% RDA)
Magnesium 70 mg (17% RDA)
Potassium 810 mg (41% EMR)