INGREDIENTS (makes 4 servings)
0.9 lb ground pork, 20% fat (400 g / 14.1 oz)
⅓ Average Spanish chorizo or other hard type (80 g / 2.8 oz)
1 large egg, free-range or organic
½ cup almond flour (50 g / 1.8 oz)
1 tsp paprika
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
2 cloves garlic
1 small white onion (70 g / 2.5 oz)
1 Tbsp ghee or lard (make your own ghee)
½ tsp salt
01. Peel and dice the onion and garlic and dice the chorizo sausage.
02. Grease a large pan with ghee and add the chorizo, garlic and onion. Cook for 5–8 minutes over a medium heat or until lightly crisped up. Take off the heat and set aside.
03. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, egg, almond flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and salt.
04. Mix until well combined and add the crisped up chorizo, garlic and onion from the pan using a slotted spoon.
05. Using your hands, make small-medium meatballs and place on a cutting board.
06. Heat the pan where you cooked the chorizo and onion over a medium-high heat. Once hot, add the meatballs and cook for 2 minutes.
07. Once browned, turn the meatballs on the other side using a fork and cook for another 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5–10 minutes. The time depends on the size of the meatballs.
08. Remove from the heat and serve immediately or let it cool down and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. To store them for longer, place them in a zip-lock bag and freeze.
Net carbs 4.1 g
Protein 27.5 g
Fat 35.4 g
Calories 448 kcal
Total carbs 6 g
Fiber 1.9 g
Sugars 1.5 g
Saturated fat 11 g
Sodium 625 mg (27% RDA)
Magnesium 61 mg (15% RDA)
Potassium 507 mg (25% EMR)