MAKES: 20 CUPCAKES
Cupcakes: 1 cup coconut flour sifted
250g grass-fed butter or ghee
Pinch of salt
7 large eggs or 8 small-medium sized eggs
½ cup cacao butter
½ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp paleo baking powder
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp vanilla powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of xylitol or sweetener of choice
¼ cup cacao butter
¼ cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
2-3 Tbsp Brain Octane Oil
⅓ cup coconut cream Xylitol or sweetener of choice
Garnish: Fresh berries
01. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (170 °C). Line two trays of muffin tins with paper cups.
02. Add the cacao powder and butter to a small saucepan and heat over low to medium heat until completely melted and incorporated.
03. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
04. Taste the mixture and adjust if needed. You can add extra sweetener if you want, like vanilla, cinnamon, or a little more salt if you want.
05. Spoon the mixture into the preprepared muffin trays evenly.
06. Place in the oven and bake for roughly 20 minutes.
07. While the cupcakes bake, add all the icing ingredients to a small saucepan and melt on a low to medium heat until completely combined.
08. Taste the icing mixture and adjust the sweetness if needed. Pour into a bowl, then place in the fridge to set.
09. When the muffins are golden brown and cooked through, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
10. Remove the chilled icing from the fridge. As an optional step, scoop the icing out and
re-blend to create a lighter and fluffier icing. Spread over the tops of the cooled muffins and garnish with berries.
11. Store in the fridge.
Total fat 21.6 g
Sat Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 92 mg
Sodium 73.5 mg
Total Carb 5.7 g
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 4 g