2 (13.5 oz) cans chilled coconut milk, liquid discarded
½ cup almond butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup granulated erythritol
4 oz low-carb dark chocolate
1 cup almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp granulated sweetener
1 tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp ghee
1-2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp slivered almonds, to garnish
01. In a saucepan, heat the coconut cream, sweetener, vanilla, and almond butter until they’re completely melted together.
02. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until the mixture is smooth, and the chocolate is melted.
03. Refrigerate the mixture while you prepare the crust.
04. Whisk or sift the flours, sweetener, salt, and xanthan gum.
05. Using a fork, cut in the ghee until the mixture is crumbly and beginning to resemble dough.
06. Add half the water and knead into dough. If it’s looking dry, add more water, so the mixture is sticky to the touch.
07. Press into a pie tin and bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until the edges brown.
08. Once the crust is baked, pour the chocolate filling into the pie tin and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
09. Slice the pie and serve cold. Refrigerate any leftovers!
Fat 41.31 g
Net Carbs 6.6 g
Protein 8.7 g