You only need 3 main ingredients to make these low carb tortilla chips. If you roll them out thinly, they become really crunchy.
200 g / 2 cups pre-shredded mozzarella
75 g / ¾ cup almond flour ground almonds work well too
2 Tbsp psyllium husk or 2 tsp psyllium husk powder
Optional: ¼ tsp each garlic powder/onion powder/paprika
01. Heat your oven to 180 Celsius / 356 Fahrenheit.
02. Melt the mozzarella in the microwave (ca 90 sec-2 min). Alternatively, heat gently in a non-stick pot.
03. Add the almond flour/ground almonds and psyllium husk plus the salt and spices, if using. Stir until combined, then knead until you have a smooth dough.
04. Separate the dough into 2 balls and roll out between 2 sheets of baking/parchment paper. Roll out as thinly as possible! The thinner, the crispier your tortilla chips will turn out.
05. Cut into triangles (I used a pizza cutter) and spread out on a sheet of baking paper so the tortilla chips don’t touch.
06. Bake 6-8 minutes or until browned on the edges. Baking time will depend on the thickness of your tortilla chips. I baked mine in 2 rounds, plus a third round for the off-cuts.
Calories from Fat 83
Total Fat 9.2 g
Total Carbohydrates 4.8 g
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 8.3 g