If you want comfort foods, look no further than this Keto Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie Recipe! This will totally wow your family, and will satisfy your cravings. So much flavor and so easy to make!
SERVINGS: 8 SERVINGS
For the Chicken Pot Pie Filling:
2 Tbsp of butter
½ cup mixed veggies could also substitute green beans or broccoli
¼ small onion diced
¼ tsp pink salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves minced
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp poultry seasoning
¼ tsp rosemary pinch thyme
2 ½ cups cooked chicken diced
¼ tsp Xanthan Gum
For the crust:
4 ½ Tbsp of butter melted and cooled
⅓ cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp full fat sour cream
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking powder
1 ⅓ cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella shredded
01. Cook 1 to 1 1/2 lbs chicken in the slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
02. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
03. Sautee onion, mixed veggies, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter in an oven safe skillet for approx 5 min or until onions are translucent.
04. Add heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, thyme, and rosemary.
05. Sprinkle Xanthan Gum on top and simmer for 5 minutes so that the sauce thickens. Make sure to simmer covered as the liquid will evaporate otherwise. You need a lot of liquid for this
recipe, otherwise, it will be dry.
06. Add diced chicken.
07. Make the breading by combining melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for 5 min), eggs, salt, and sour cream in a bowl then whisk together.
08. Add coconut flour and baking powder to the mixture and stir until combined.
09. Stir in cheese.
10. Drop batter by dollops on top of the chicken pot pie. Do not spread it out, as the coconut flour will absorb too much of the liquid.
11. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 15-20 min.
12. Set oven to broil and move chicken pot pie to top shelf. Broil for 1–2 minutes until bread topping is nicely browned. Sprinkle a little dried parsley on top if desired.
Calories 297 kcal
Carbohydrates 5.3 g
Protein 11.6 g
Fat 17 g
Fiber 2 g