Quick and healthy stuffed avocados loaded with a delicious chicken, avocado, and bacon salad tossed in a refreshing lemon dressing. Perfect keto lunch idea!
SERVINGS: 6 SERVINGS
For The Stuffed Avocados:
12 slices low sodium turkey bacon or low sodium bacon
3 whole avocados, cut in half, pits removed
2 cups diced or shredded baked chicken breasts OR rotisserie chicken.
3 green onions, washed, trimmed, and sliced (keep the sliced green parts for garnish)
plain nonfat yogurt or low fat sour cream, optional
dried parsley, for garnish, optional
cracked black pepper, for garnish, optional
For The Lemon Dressing:
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
½ tsp dried oregano
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
For The Stuffed Avocados
01. Cook the bacon to a desired crispness; when cool enough to handle, crumble it into a salad bowl.
02. Cut the avocados, remove the pits, and carefully scoop out the flesh.
03. Dice up the avocado flesh and add it to the salad bowl.
04. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the diced avocados and the empty avocado shells to prevent them from browning.
05. In the salad bowl, mix in the diced or shredded chicken and the white part of the sliced green onions. Set aside.
For The Lemon Dressing
01. Whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl; adjust the seasonings to taste and pour it over the salad.
02. Taste the salad and adjust the seasonings.
03. Using a spoon, scoop out the prepared chicken bacon salad and fill the empty avocado shells.
04. If desired, add a dollop of plain nonfat yogurt or sour cream.
05. Garnish with sliced green onions, dried parsley and cracked black pepper.
Calories from Fat 126
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 196 mg
Potassium 210 mg
Total Carbohydrates 2 g
Protein 18 g