3 large eggs, free-range or organic
1 Tbsp butter or ghee, grass-fed. You can make your own ghee – basil or garlic infused ghee works great! (15g / 0.5 oz)
1 Tbsp pesto (you can make your own green pesto or red pesto) (15g / 0.5 oz)
2 Tbsp crème fraîche or soured cream or creamed coconut milk (30g / 1.1 oz)
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
01. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper and beat them well with a whisk or fork.
02. Pour the eggs into a pan, add butter or ghee and turn the heat on.
03. Keep on low heat while stirring constantly. Do not stop stirring as the eggs may get dry and lose the creamy texture. Add the pesto and mix in well.
04. Take off the heat, spoon crème fraîche in and mix well with the eggs.
05. This will help the eggs cool down and stop cooking while keeping the creamy texture.
06. Place on a serving plate and try with sliced avocado on top.
Net carbs 2.6 g
Protein 20.4 g
Fat 41.5 g
Calories 468 kcal
Total carbs 3.3 g
Fiber 0.7 g
Sugars 1.4 g
Saturated fat 19.5 g
Sodium 874 mg (38% RDA)
Magnesium 26 mg (6% RDA)
Potassium 327 mg (16% EMR)