200 g Swiss chard or dark-leaf kale (7.1 oz)
2 cups cauliflower-rice (240 g/8.5 oz)
150 g gluten-free sausage meat (5.3 oz)
3 Tbsp ghee or lard, you can make your own ghee (45 g/ 1.6 oz)
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard (you can make your own)
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Top with 4 poached eggs
01. Start by preparing the vegetables. You can find details on how to “rice” the cauliflower here. When done, set aside.
02. Then cut the stalks of the chard off and chop into small pieces.
03. Place the sausage meat in a large pan greased with a tablespoon of the ghee and cook until browned from all sides. When cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer into a bowl.
04. Add the remaining ghee to the pan. Peel and finely chop the garlic and place into the pan. Cook for just about a minute or until fragrant. Then, add the cauliflower-rice and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir to prevent burning.
05. Then add the chard stalks, Dijon mustard,
06. Lemon juice, and cook for another 2 minutes while stirring. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix until well combined.
07. Meanwhile, roughly chop the chard leaves and add to the pan. Cook for another 2 minutes. 08. When done, add the cooked sausage, mix and take off the heat. Top with poached or fried eggs.
Net carbs 8.3 g
Protein 29.4 g
Fat 46 g
Calories 576 kcal
Total carbs 12.8 grams
Fiber 4.6 grams
Sugars 4.3 grams
Saturated fat 21.7 grams
Sodium 789 mg (34% RDA)
Magnesium 125 mg (31% RDA)
Potassium 1,098 mg (55% EMR)