Two traditional bar appetizers just got a major makeover with this recipe. How about instead of choosing between jalapeño poppers or buffalo chicken wings, you just get both in one dish? Talk about a match made in heaven. Add some creamy ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side, and you are good to go!
30 large jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
24 oz ground chicken
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ tsp onion powder
1 ½ tsp fine sea salt
12 oz cream cheese (1 ½ cup), softened
1 ½ cups crumbled blue cheese, divided
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¾ cup buffalo wing sauce
12 strips of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
6 green onions, sliced, for garnish
Ranch dressing, for serving
01. Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Spread the jalapeño halves across the baking sheet.
02. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. To the skillet, add the chicken, garlic, onion powder, and sea salt. Sauté until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked all the way through.
03. Transfer the cooked chicken to a large mixing bowl and add the cream cheese, ¼ cup of the blue cheese crumbles, mozzarella cheese, and Buffalo wing sauce. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
04. Fill each jalapeño with a mound of the chicken mixture. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of blue cheese crumbles and bacon.
05. Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
06. Top with green onions before serving.
Fat 19 g
Carbohydrates 4.6 g
Fiber 1 g
Protein 16 g