2 cups blanched organic almond meal
¼ cup grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
2 Tbsp Collagen Powder (or 1 Tbsp Collagelatin)
¼ cup cocoa powder
½–¾ cup Lakanto (or sweetener of choice)
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp paleo baking powder
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
A pinch of salt
⅓ cup Chocolate Fuel Bar, or other high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
01. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
02. Add all your ingredients to a food processor except the chocolate chips and collagen, and blitz to combine evenly.
03. Taste the dough and adjust the sweetness if needed.
04. Add the collagen and blend gently to avoid destroying the delicate protein.
05. Finally, add the chocolate chips and give the mix a gentle stir to combine the chips into the cookie dough.
06. Begin rolling the mixture into balls and place them onto the lined baking tray.
07. Press the balls as flat as you like; they won’t rise much, so if you like them softer and more chewy, keep them quite full. However, if you like a crunchier cookie, press them flat into even well-formed cookies.
08. Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 10–12 minutes, or until golden brown.
09. Remove from the oven when they’re ready and place the cookies on a wire cooling rack.
10. Enjoy with a hot mug of bulletproof coffee.
11. Store the leftovers in an airtight container when they’re completely cooled.
Total Fat 16.5 g
Sodium 154 mg
Carbohydrates 6.5 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Total Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 6.5 g
Potassium 280 mg
Magnesium 333 mg