500 g bacon slices (1.1 lb)
1 large red onion (150 g / 5.3 oz)
½ cup Sukrin Gold or Swerve (80 g/2.8 oz)
½ cup strong black coffee (120 ml / 4 fl oz)
¼ cup water (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar (30 ml) - avoid extra sweet thick balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp coconut amino (15 ml)
01. Cut the bacon into small strips. Peel and slice the onion. Prepare the coffee and set aside. 02. Cook the sliced bacon in a skillet until cooked but not crispy.
03. Remove bacon from pan and place in a bowl to set aside. To the same pan where you cooked the bacon, add sliced red onion and mix until covered in the rendered bacon grease. Cook until onion is softened, approx. 5 minutes.
04. Add the Sukrin Gold, stir through and then cook on low heat for 15 minutes until the onions are caramelized.
05. Return the bacon to the skillet and add the coffee and water. Cook on medium-high for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
06. Stir the balsamic vinegar and coconut amino through and cook for a further couple of minutes.
07. Allow to cool slightly and then spoon into jars. Serve with keto bread and sliced cheese such as brie, manchego or hard goat cheese.
08. Store sealed in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Net carbs 1.2 g
Protein 4.4 g
Fat 7.9 g
Calories 94 kcal
Total carbs 1.3 g
Fiber 0.1 g
Sugars 0.9 g
Saturated fat 2.6 g
Sodium 264 mg (11% RDA)
Magnesium 5 mg (1% RDA)
Potassium 85 mg (4% EMR)